I have this recipe for Crock Chicken and Peppers that I got from Savingdinner.com I made it a few weeks ago and loved it, so I decided to make it again yesterday. It's so simple and turns out so wonderful. I like to serve it with steamed red potatoes but rice would be great too. This is the orginal recipe, however I tweaked it a bit when I made it.
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces ( I use 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, whole or cut up )
1/2 of a large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
3/4 cup onion (I just use two small onions, who has time to measure!)
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 clove garlic, pressed (I chop mine)
3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and brown the chicken. Remove and set aside. Add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet and cook for just a minute, to wilt nicely, then place them in a slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top and add the remaining ingredients, except broth. Add broth to the skillet, bring to a boil and whisk up and brown bits from the pan; pour liquid over chicken. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high for 4. ( I prefer to cook meat on low, so I recommend doing that. Cooking it on high usually makes the meat tough)
When I made this recipe yesterday, I just put the frozen chicken breasts in to the crockpot, added the onions and pepper, whisked the remaining ingredients together and cooked it on low for 8 hours. It came out perfect and it's so easy.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment