Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Fish dinner

I don't like fish. I'm scared to prepare it or buy it fresh because I don't like the smell of it. I hardly ever prepare it because when I do it doesn't turn out. Last night was a good example of me trying to make it, and eating it, but not really liking it all that much. Luckily we had alot of stir-fry vege's on the side with rice to eat to make up for the fact that none of us really liked the fish. I think it might have been better if it was fresh, not frozen, but I can't really be certain. I will keep trying to make it though, because I feel that eventually I might like it.

Baked Fish in Wine Sauce

4 white fish filets
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup chopped onion, or however much you want.
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 small bay leaf or half a large
1/2 cup white wine (or use white grape juice with a splash of vinegar, which is what I did)
Aluminum foil wrap

Preheat oven to 375
Salt and pepper fish. Place on a greased baking dish; cover with chopped onio, parsley and bay leaf; pour wine over top.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 mins, or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.

Serve, and try to enjoy.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I'm not a fish fan either - and I do really try hard to get it into my diet because of all the health benefits! Of course, how healthy is it when you slather it with tartar sauce?! LOL!

I do tolerate talapia. Is that what you used? I purchase it frozen at the market. I stay far, far away from haddock (which will make your house smell for DAYS) and perch.